QS200 Insertion Ultrasonic Flowmeter
MEET THE SHERLOCK HOLMES OF COMMERCIAL IRRIGATION FLOW METERS.
Sherlock Holmes. Hercule Poirot. Dick Tracy. All world-class detectives.
Well, you can add the FLOMEC® QS200 to that list.
Why? The QS200 Ultrasonic Flowmeter measures flow rates 5x lower than most other flow sensors on the market AND offers extended leak detection down to 0.1 fps. That means it can detect leaking valves, blockages, and other hidden irrigation system problems those other meters can’t.
HERE’S THE PROBLEM WITH MOST FLOW METERS IN COMMERCIAL IRRIGATION APPLICATIONS.
Paddlewheel, nutating disc, and other mechanical flow meters have an impeller that has to start moving for the meter to sense any flow. To do that, there has to be enough flow for the impeller to overcome friction.
That’s no problem in many applications, where mechanical flow meters work great. But commercial irrigation is different. The low flows typical in drip lines and bubblers often aren’t enough to get those impellers moving.
So what happens? The meters read “no flow” even when there IS flow—it’s just below their ability to sense.
That’s a red herring. It masks system leaks. These small leaks add up to big losses over time.
A “SMALL” 0.3 GPM LEAK ADDS UP TO THESE WATER LOSSES OVER TIME:
|18 gallons||every hour|
|432 gallons||in one day|
|12,960 gallons||in one month|
|157,680 gallons||in one year|
That’s an enormous waste of water if undetected!
It can also mask system blockages. When you know your meters read “no flow” even when there IS flow, how are you supposed to know when there actually ISN’T?
THE QS200 WAS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO HANDLE THE LOW FLOWS TYPICAL IN COMMERCIAL IRRIGATION.
So how is the QS200 different? What’s the secret of its super-sleuthing ability?
It’s ultrasonic, with no moving parts. There’s no impeller that has to start moving for the meter to sense flow. The QS200 measures flow rates as low as 0.22 GPM, with extended leak detection down to 0.1 fps! It provides an accurate reading of liquid flow rate and accumulated flow.
The QS200 ultrasonic insert is available with a PVC tee or as an “insert retrofit” for easy replacement of some existing paddlewheel flow sensors.
So, should you choose the QS200 for your commercial irrigation system?
It’s elementary, my dear Watson.
THE QS200 IS ON THE CASE! (CASE STUDY, THAT IS.)
Read all about how the QS200 Insertion Ultrasonic Flowmeter helped these municipalities and organizations save money by detecting previously hidden irrigation system problems.
- Low-cost, effective, and easy installation
- No moving mechanical parts (low-maintenance)
- Simple two-wire connector (for power and pulse)
- Compatible with irrigation controllers (common name brands)
- High accuracy: ± 2.0% of reading (compared to full-scale accuracy)
- Provides extended leak detection down to 0.1 fps (0.03 m/s)
- LED light indicators: (green for power and amber for pulse)
- Patented design
- Ideal for clean water flow measurement
- With the optional NSF61 rated version, these meters are perfect for those applications where drinking quality water is required
- External wiring: (direct burial wire)
- Agriculture Irrigation
- Turf | Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Micro Irrigation Systems
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Potable Water (NSF61 Certified Version Available)
- Sub-Metering Applications:
- High Rise Tenant Buildings
- Apartment Complex
- Commercial Businesses
- Processing Facilities
CLICK TO TAKE A LOOK INSIDE