QS200 Turf Irrigation Flow Sensor
FLOMEC’s QS200 IS THE MOST ACCURATE WATER FLOW SENSOR IN THE IRRIGATION INDUSTRY
Why? The QS200 Turf Irrigation Flow Sensor measures water flow rates 5x lower than other flow sensors on the market AND offers extended leak detection down to 0.1 feet per second. That means it can detect leaking valves, blockages, and other hidden irrigation system problems that other flow sensors can’t.
HERE’S THE PROBLEM WITH MOST FLOW SENSORS IN COMMERCIAL IRRIGATION APPLICATIONS.
Paddlewheel, nutating disc, and other standard flow sensors have mechanical parts that must start moving before the sensor can detect any flow. For the mechanical parts to begin moving, the flow rate must be high enough to overcome friction.
That may not be a problem with some applications, where mechanical flow sensors work well, but commercial irrigation is different. The low flows typical in drip lines and bubblers often aren’t enough to get those mechanical parts moving.
So what happens? The sensor reads “no flow” even when there IS flow in the pipe – it’s just below that sensor’s ability to see it – that’s a RED HERRING! Getting a “No Flow” reading could hide small system leaks. These small leaks add up to significant losses over time.
PREVENT WATER LOSS – A “SMALL” 0.3 GALLON PER MINUTE LEAK ADDS UP TO BIG LOSSES:
|18 gallons → every hour|
|432 gallons → in one day|
|12,960 gallons → in one month|
|157,680 gallons → in one year|
That’s an enormous waste of water if undetected! So how do you know if your meter’s “No Flow” reading is actually true?
If you’re using a mechanical flow sensor, you don’t know.
THE QS200 IS A SMARTER FLOW SENSOR FOR MEASURING THE LOW FLOWS TYPICAL IN COMMERCIAL IRRIGATION
The QS200 is different because it has NO MOVING PARTS – it uses ultrasonic technology to detect flow, measuring flow rates as low as 0.22 GPM, with extended leak detection down to 0.1 fps! And it provides an accurate reading of liquid flow rates and accumulated flow.
The QS200 ultrasonic insert is available with a PVC tee for new installations or as a retrofit “insert” for easy replacement of an existing paddlewheel flow sensor.
It’s an obvious conclusion – Add the QS200 to your irrigation system for smarter water use!
THE QS200 IS ON THE CASE! (CASE STUDY, THAT IS.)
Read all about how the QS200 Insertion Ultrasonic Flowmeter helped these municipalities and organizations save money by detecting previously hidden irrigation system problems.
- Low-cost, effective, and easy installation
- No moving mechanical parts (low-maintenance)
- Simple two-wire connector (for power and pulse)
- Compatible with irrigation controllers (common name brands)
- High accuracy: ± 2.0% of reading (compared to full-scale accuracy)
- Provides extended leak detection down to 0.1 fps (0.03 m/s)
- LED light indicators: (green for power and amber for pulse)
- Patented design
- Ideal for clean water flow measurement
- With the optional NSF61 rated version, these meters are perfect for those applications where drinking quality water is required
- External wiring: (direct burial wire)
- Agriculture Irrigation
- Turf | Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Micro Irrigation Systems
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Potable Water (NSF61 Certified Version Available)
- Sub-Metering Applications:
- High Rise Tenant Buildings
- Apartment Complex
- Commercial Businesses
- Processing Facilities
CLICK TO TAKE A LOOK INSIDE